After the Treatments are Over
This article has been archived.
Please use for reference only.
Gloria Hagopian, RN, EdD
Last Modified: November 1, 2001
Once your treatments are completed, celebrate! Here are a few things to
keep in mind:
- Any side effects you will have at the end of treatment will usually
improve in a few weeks.
- Continue to eat well balanced meals to help speed the healing
- If you have been on a special diet to manage side effects, continue
it until the side effects are gone.
- Continue to be gentle with your skin. Use a mild soap. You can apply
- The skin in the treatment area will be more sensitive than the rest
of your skin. Protect it from injury. Avoid direct sun exposure. Use at
least a #15 sunscreen.
- Your doctor will see you for follow-up visits on a regular basis
once your treatments are finished.
I Wish You Knew
How cancer patients have changed my life
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!