Vegetarian Side Dish: Baked Sweet Potato French Fries
Author: OncoLink Team
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel potatoes
- Cut the potatoes into matchsticks about ¼ inch across and 2 inches long
- In a large oven-safe glass dish, combine the sweet potatoes with the oil and salt.
- You can also add cinnamon or curry for a sweet or savory take on the original recipe.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until brown and crispy.
Calories: 104 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 20g Sodium: 200mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Vitamin A: 691mcg
About the author
Melissa Kavanaugh is a first year graduate student at Drexel University. She is working towards her Masters in Human Nutrition and is completing the requirements to become a Registered Dietitian. Melissa earned her undergraduate degree from Rutgers University in Accounting and Finance and worked in industry for 4 years before deciding to change careers and pursue her true passions: nutrition and fitness. In addition to nutrition, Melissa went back to school for fitness and currently holds Personal Training and Group Fitness certifications from the American Council on Exercise. She teaches weekly ballet bar and strength training classes in addition to working one on one with clients to achieve their fitness goals. Melissa enjoys cooking and creating fun and easy recipes. She is excited and honored to be a contributor to OncoLink.