Author: OncoLink Team
Recipe type: vegetarian
Cuisine: Vegetarian, Snacks
- 1 bunch of kale
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- ¼-1/2 tsp of salt
- ½ - 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 °F
- Wash and dry the kale really well. If the kale is still wet it will not become crispy upon baking.
- Remove the stem from each kale leaf and rip or cut the leaves into bite size pieces.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and salt.
- Spread the kale out on 1-2 baking sheet(s). Do not to overlap any of the leaves because they will steam rather than bake and will not turn crispy.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast over kale pieces, if desired.
- Put in the oven for 7 minutes (if you are using 2 baking sheets then after 7 minutes take the top sheet out of oven and move bottom sheet up to top rack for 1 more minute.
Note: times may vary due to oven so keep an eye on the kale during baking. Leaves should be crunchy, but be sure to remove them before they start to burn.
Calories: 59 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 7g Sodium: 321mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Vitamin C: 81mg Vitamin A: 517mcg
Recipe by OncoLink Cancer Blogs at http://www.oncolink.org/blogs/2013/03/vegetarian-snacks-kale-chips/