Vegetarian Side Dish: Stir Fry Veggies
Author: OncoLink Team
Recipe type: Stir Fry
- 1 onion, cut into thick crescents
- 2-3 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 2 stalks broccoli, florets plus stem cut into thin diagonals
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick crescents
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced thinly
- ¾ cup snow peas
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ¼ - ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- Add a small amount of water to a frying pan and water sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper and snow peas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine tamari, water, and chicken broth. Pour over stir-fry, cover and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
Calories: 70 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 14g Sodium: 295mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Vitamin A: 448mcg Vitamin C: 74mg
Recipe by OncoLink Cancer Blogs at http://www.oncolink.org/blogs/index.php/2013/03/vegetarian-side-dish-stir-fry-veggies/