Vegetarian Breakfast: Warm Cinnamon Oatmeal
Author: OncoLink Team
- ½ cup Steel Cut Oats (already prepared – see Basic Oatmeal below)
- ½ cup milk or milk substitute (soy, almond, rice)
- ½ tbsp raisins
- 1-2 tbsp sunflower seeds or other seed or nut (pecans are very good too)
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter (optional)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Put oatmeal, milk, cinnamon, and raisins in microwave safe dish and microwave for 45-60 seconds.
- Stir oatmeal
- Add nuts nut butter, and sliced banana and eat!
Nutrition analysis was made based on values for skim milk. Calcium content in milk substitutes is similar, but protein content in rice and almond milk is lower than skim milk.
Calories: 434 Fat: 19g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 59g Sodium: 58mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 14g Cholesterol: 2mg Potassium: 982mg Calcium: 231mg Folate: 84mcg
Recipe by OncoLink Cancer Blogs at http://www.oncolink.org/blogs/2013/03/vegetarian-breakfast-warm-cinnamon-oatmeal/