Mushroom Medley Side Dish
Author: OncoLink Team
Recipe type: side dish
- 1 pound assorted. mushrooms (such as crimini, portabella, shiitake, oyster)
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Trim mushroom ends and slice (about 5 to 6 cups).
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper and prepared mushrooms (except oysters); cook and stir until lightly browned and moisture evaporates, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add oyster mushrooms; cook until barely softened, about 1 minute.
Serving size: 1/2 cup Calories: 84 Fat: 5 g Sodium: 300 mg Protein: 3.5 g
Recipe by OncoLink Cancer Blogs at http://www.oncolink.org/blogs/index.php/2013/05/mushroom-medley-side-dish/