Vegetable Tart Recipe
- 1 puff pastry sheet (thawed)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 -2 heirloom tomatoes or ½ pint grape tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or through a press
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Basil leaves
- Balsamic reduction (optional)
- Goat cheese
- Slice onion and cook under caramelized, about 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice zucchini and tomato into small dice. If using grape tomatoes, cut them in half.
- Toss the diced veggies with garlic, a few tablespoons of olive oil and few sprinkles of kosher salt and pepper to season.
- Put puff pastry on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll it if needed to be an even rectangle.
- Spread caramelized onions on pastry. Spread veggie mix over the onions. Leave about ½ inch around the veggies to form a crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes- watch that it doesn’t burn, but browns nicely.
- Sprinkle basil and goat cheese over tart and drizzle balsamic reduction over the tart.
- Serve warm or room temp.
Recipe by OncoLink Cancer Blogs at http://www.oncolink.org/blogs/2013/06/vegetable-tart-recipe/