Sixth Annual New Strategies in Breast Cancer Conference
Last Modified: November 6, 2005
Conference Dates: April 28-29, 2006
Conference Location: Philadelphia, PA
Sponsoring Group: The CBCE
Conference Web Page URL: www.thecbce.com
Topics Covered: After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate the results of recent studies on molecular profiling of breast cancer, and consider how the use of such tools could identify at-risk patients and be used to determine the best treatment options for your patients with breast cancer.
- Assess the efficacy of neoadjuvant regimens recently tested in clinical trials for the treatment of breast cancer, and how these treatments may benefit patients with breast cancer.
- Discuss novel techniques in radiation therapy designed to optimize therapeutic dosage while minimizing the toxic effects in patients with breast cancer.
- State the appropriate uses and settings for supportive care agents in patients with breast cancer undergoing both chemotherapy and radiation therapy, in order to optimize patient quality of life.
- Evaluate the results of recent clinical trials investigating novel agents and regimens for the treatment of patients with advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
Who Should Attend: Physicians, Nurses, and Advanced Practicioners
Registration Information: Please see website for more information.
Conference Fees: Please see website for further information
Continuing Education: Yes
Data reveal that treatment of non-melanoma skin cancers nearly doubled from 1994 to 2006
Feb 9, 2011 - The incidence of non-melanoma skin cancer in the United States appears to be increasing, as individuals have failed to incorporate sun protection behaviors despite proven scientific evidence that sun exposure is a preventable risk factor, according to data presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Dermatology, held from Feb. 4 to 8 in New Orleans.
Frequently Asked Questions
National Cancer Institute
I Wish You Knew
How cancer patients have changed my life
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!