Focus on Gynecologic Cancers
Last Modified: January 21, 2003
Conference Dates: Friday, April 4, 2003
Conference Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sponsoring Group: Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
View the full conference brochure as a PDF. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available free online.
Topics Covered: 4th Annual Conference: For Women Whose Lives have Been Touched by Gynecologic Cancer
Registration Information: Registration deadline is Friday, March 28, 2002. Call 215-662-6480 or 1-800-789-PENN for more information.
- 8:00 AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 AM Welcome and Introduction:
Stephen C. Rubin, MD
- 9:15-10:45 AM Overview of Gynecologic Cancers:
Stephen C. Rubin, MD and Mark Morgan, MD
Learn about the latest advances in diagnosis, and treatment options for various gynecological cancers including: ovarian, uterine, cervical, vaginal, and vulvar.
- 10:45-11:15 AM Break
- 11:15-11:45 AM Clinical Trials for Gynecologic Cancer
Christina Chu, MD
Obtain information on promising clinical trials for the treatment of gynecologic cancers.
- 11:45 AM-12: 00 PM Understanding Family Risk Factors for Gynecologic Cancers
Stephen C. Rubin, MD
Learn about the role of genetics in gynecologic cancers.
- 12:00-12:30 PM Experts Panel on Gynecological Cancers:
Stephen C. Rubin, MD, Mark Morgan, MD, Christina Chu, MD, Eleanor Harris, MD and Andrea Cheville, MD
Get answers to your questions from our panel of experts, including medical,surgical oncology, radiation oncology and cancer rehabilitation.
- 12:30-1:30 PM Luncheon
- 1:30-2:00 PM Understanding the Role of Hormone Replacement
Mark Morgan, MD
Learn about the role of hormone replacement therapy following surgery and in the management of symptoms that may occur following treatment for gynecologic cancer.
- 2:00-2:45 PM Workshop Sessions:
- Acupuncture: What it Can Do to Relieve Stress and Symptoms Caused by Gynecologic Cancer and its Treatment
Andrea Cheville, MD
- Genetic Risk in Gynecologic Cancers: Getting Your Questions Answered
Jill Stopfer, MS, CGC
- Survivor Stories: Insights from Gynecologic Cancer Survisors
Jodi Sandos, MSW, LSW
Gregory Garber, MSW, LSW
- 2:45- 3:00 PM Break
- 3:00-3:45 PM Workshop Sessions:
- Help in Managing Symptoms due to Gynecologic Cancer and its Treatment
Andrea Branas, MSE, MPT
- Cancer, Herbs, and other Supplements: Do They Mix?
Ellen Sweeney Cordes, RD
- When Gynecologic Cancer Recurs: Coping Strategies
Arlene Houldin, PhD, RN
- 3:45- 3:50 PM Raffle
- 3:50- 4:00 Closing
Christian Lawless MT-BC, Music Therapist-Board Certified
Miscellany: The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania gratefully acknowledges OrthoBiotech Oncology and for their unrestricted educational grant in support of this conference.
Frequently Asked Questions
National Cancer Institute