Lives Touching Lives - The Consequences of Caring
Last Modified: October 10, 2003
Conference Dates: November 14, 2003
Conference Location: The Gregg Conference Center, The American College
Sponsoring Group: The Wellness Community Philadelphia
Conference Web Page URL: www.twcp.org
Topics Covered: Dan Gottlieb,Ph.D. will speak on "Giving Care and Taking Care: Living on the Precipice of What it Means to Be Human". Four workshop choices are available before and after Dr. Gottlieb to include:
- Poetic Medicine - Poetry as a way to express emotions and awaken creativity.
- Art as a Way of Knowing- Art-making as a process to cultivate inner resources and reduce stress.
- Meditation; Healing with Compassion - Mind body practices to develop the healing power of compassion for oneself and others.
- Yoga - The practice of gentle stretching and breathing to reduce stress and promote healing.
Conference Objectives: To sustain healthy care-giving and personal satisfaction in the field of oncology care
Who Should Attend: Oncology Social Workers and Oncology Nurses
- 8:00AM Registration and Continental Breakfast
- Keynote Speaker Dan Gottlieb at 11:15AM
- Buffet Lunch 12:30PM
- Workshops 1:15 until closing at 4:00
Registration Information: Please contact The Wellness Community Philadelphia to register by November 7, 2003 at 215-879-7733
Conference Fees: $60.00
Continuing Education: Yes
Miscellany: 6 credit hours have been approved for Social Workers. Application for contact hours has been submitted to the PSNA
I Wish You Knew
How cancer patients have changed my life
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!