Hands-On Course in Thyroid and Parathyroid Ultrasound Imaging: A Multidisciplinary Approach
The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Last Modified: January 30, 2011
Dates: Saturday, May 7, 2011 | 7:15AM - 5:00PM
Location: Translational Research Center, First Floor Auditorium, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA
Sponsoring Group: Abramson Cancer Center
Web Page URL: www.oncolink.org/conference/thyroid/
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
Who Should Attend:
- Discuss the sonographic features of thyroid nodules that are most predictive of malignancy and benignity
- Describe the sonographic features of abnormal lymph nodes and thyroid cancer recurrence in the neck
- Recognize the sonographic features of diffuse thyroid disorders
- Discuss the indications, technique, and results of ultrasound-guided FNA of the thyroid
- Describe the sonographic features and location of abnormally enlarged parathyroid glands
Discuss different surgical approaches to metastatic thyroid cancer and hyperparathyroidism.
This course is designed to meet the need of endocrinologists, radiologists, sonologists, head and neck surgeons, and other health care professionals with an interest in thyroid and parathyroid disease as assessed by sonography. The course is structured to educate both those with basic sonographic knowledge as well as those with more advanced experience in neck sonography.
Registration Information: The registration fee for practicing physicians is $325.00; $170.00 for faculty and staff of the University of Pennsylvania and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; and $90.00 for residents/fellows and other healthcare professionals.
Continuing Education: The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.