2002 Cancer Symposium: "Controversies in Cancer Care"
Last Modified: August 4, 2002
Conference Dates: October 1, 2002
Conference Location: Newark, Delaware, USA
Sponsoring Group: Medical Society of Delaware and Christiana Care Health System
- Lung Cancer Screening: Pros and Cons
- Controversy Surrounding Screening Mammography
- Prostate Cancer Treatment: Radical Prostatectomy, Radiation and Watchful Waiting
- Colorectal Cancer: Medicinal and Nutritional Prevention Strategies
- Discuss pro and con aspects of screening for lung cancer;
- Discuss current controversies related to mammography screening;
- Describe new technologies used for the diagnosis of breast cancer;
- Discuss pro and con aspects of prostate cancer treatment, including radical prostatectomy, radiation therapy and watchful waiting; and
- Describe current medicinal and nutritional strategies for the prevention of colorectal cancer.
Who Should Attend: Physicians, nurses and other interested health care professionals.
- 7:15-7:45 a.m. Registration, Continental Breakfast and Exhibits
- 7:45-8:00 a.m. Introductory Remarks
- 8:00-8:55 a.m. Lung Cancer Screening: Pros and Cons
- 9:00-9:45 a.m. Controversy Surrounding Screening Mammography
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. Break and Exhibits
- 10:25-11:40 a.m. Prostate Cancer Treatment: Radical Prostatectomy, Radiation and Watchful Waiting
- 11:45-12:30 p.m. Colorectal Cancer: Medicinal and Nutritional Prevention Strategies
- 12:30 pm. Closing and Evaluation, Lunch (Provided) and Exhibits
Registration Information: For more information, call Christiana Care Health System Cancer Outreach Program at (302) 765-4161.
Conference Fees: $30 for Christiana Care Health System Medical-Dental staff and employees, $50 for all others
Continuing Education: Yes
Miscellany: Conference faculty include: Peter C. Albertsen, M.D.,MS; Gerold Bepler, M.D.,Ph.D.; Leonard G. Gomella, M.D.; Claudia I. Henschke, Ph.D.,M.D.; Alan Pollack, M.D.,Ph.D.; Steven M. Teutsch, M.D.,MPH; and Thomas K. Weber, M.D.,FACS. 4.0 CME credits and 4.7 nursing contact hours will be available. Conference fee includes continuing education credits, program materials, and food/beverages. Free on-site parking.
2002 to 2008 Saw Increase in Partial Nephrectomy Use
Feb 20, 2012 - In the United States, the use of partial nephrectomy procedures to manage renal masses in patients with renal cell carcinoma increased significantly from 2002 to 2008, according to research published in the March issue of The Journal of Urology.
Frequently Asked Questions
National Cancer Institute
I Wish You Knew
How cancer patients have changed my life
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!