Great Debates and Updates in Breast Cancer
Last Modified: February 13, 2009
Conference Dates: June 19-20, 2009
Conference Location: San Francisco, CA
Sponsoring Group: Imedex, LLC
Conference Web Page URL: www.imedex.com/appweb/announcements/A048-01.asp
- Chemoprevention of breast cancer
- Selecting techniques for breast cancer surgery
- Confusion and controversies in radiation therapy
- Integration of bisphosphonates into adjuvant therapy regimens for early breast cancer
- Clinical updates in translational science
- Interpretation and integration of recent clinical trial data into clinical practice
- Pharmacogenomics and effects on drug interactions, efficacy and safety
- Combinations of hormonal and biologic agents
- Appropriate use of anthracyclines in early breast cancer
- Treatment of pre- and-postmenopausal women with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer
- Management of patients with relapsed HER2-positive breast cancer
- Potential role for EGFR targeted therapy in breast cancer
- Novel cytotoxic agents for breast cancer
- Management of triple negative/basal type breast cancer
- Monitoring and managing the cardiotoxicity of systemic therapeutic agents
- Optimal use of lapatinib in patients with HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
- Mechanisms and management of trastuzumab resistance
Conference Objectives: Great Debates and Updates in Breast Cancer will be a world class medical education forum for the exchange of critical information in the field of breast cancer. It features didactic presentations and a debate format, in which distinguished faculty discuss some of the most challenging topics in breast cancer.
Who Should Attend: Medical Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Surgical Oncologists, Nurses, Fellows, and Residents.
Conference Agenda: www.imedex.com/appweb/announcements/a048-01.asp
Registration Information: To pre-register, registration and payment must be received no later than June 11, 2009. Please register onsite after this date. Contact Imedex at +1 (678) 242 0906 or visit our website at www.imedex.com to ensure that the program is being held as scheduled and to confirm that the meeting is not full.
Conference Fees: $75 - $150
Continuing Education: Yes
Guidance Updated for Sentinel Node Biopsy in Breast Cancer
Mar 27, 2014 - The American Society of Clinical Oncology has updated its clinical practice guideline on the use of sentinel node biopsy in early breast cancer. The updated guideline was published online March 24 in the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Frequently Asked Questions
National Cancer Institute
I Wish You Knew
How cancer patients have changed my life
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!