Utilizing Integrative Medicine Throughout the Cancer Journey: A Conference for Patients, Survivors and Healthcare Professionals
Last Modified: August 10, 2004
Conference Dates: September 27, 2004
Conference Location: Hyatt Regency Philadelphia at Penns Landing
Sponsoring Group: Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Lance Armstrong Foundation
Conference Web Page URL: www.lls.org/epa/edprogram
Topics Covered: Finding Hope in Integrative Medicine; Mindfulness-Based approaches to well-being; reiki, music therapy; exercise, nutrition, homeopathy; vitamins, spirituality, massage, yoga, mind-body connection; dance therapy.
- Define itnegrative medicine and differentiate between complementary and alternative therapies.
- Identify and explain the various practices of complementary therapies and offer examples of each.
- Demonstrate how cancer patietns, survivors and caregivers can incorporate these therapies into exisiting treatmetn and survival plans to improve quality of life throughout the cancer experience.
- Understand what concerns exist in utilizing complementary therapies.
- Indentify,where cancer patietns, survivors and caregivers may seek credible integrative medicine information and resources.
Who Should Attend: Patients/survivors/caregivers with any type of cancer. Professionals/students who are involved in the care of the person with cancer.
Conference Agenda: General sessions to discuss the present and future of integrative medicine. General session for nutrition in cancer care as well as a panel of survivors who utilized integrative medicine during their cancer journey. Four break-out sessions offered for a lecture and optional experience of integrative medicine.
Registration Information: Registration is limited, please respond by September 20,2004. Register: email email@example.com or call 866-992-9950 between 9a-5p EST.
Conference Fees: Free for patients, survivors and caregivers. $25 for professionals, $15 students.
Continuing Education: Yes
Miscellany: CEU's offered for social workers in PA and DE. Submitted to the board of social work examiners for NJ.