Hands-On Course in Thyroid and Parathyroid Ultrasound Imaging: A Multidisciplinary Approach
The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Last Modified: January 30, 2011
Dates: Saturday, May 7, 2011 | 7:15AM - 5:00PM
Location: Translational Research Center, First Floor Auditorium, 3400 Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA
Sponsoring Group: Abramson Cancer Center
Web Page URL: www.oncolink.org/conference/thyroid/
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss the sonographic features of thyroid nodules that are most predictive of malignancy and benignity
- Describe the sonographic features of abnormal lymph nodes and thyroid cancer recurrence in the neck
- Recognize the sonographic features of diffuse thyroid disorders
- Discuss the indications, technique, and results of ultrasound-guided FNA of the thyroid
- Describe the sonographic features and location of abnormally enlarged parathyroid glands
Discuss different surgical approaches to metastatic thyroid cancer and hyperparathyroidism.
Registration Information: The registration fee for practicing physicians is $325.00; $170.00 for faculty and staff of the University of Pennsylvania and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia; and $90.00 for residents/fellows and other healthcare professionals.
Continuing Education: The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.