The 3rd Annual Perspectives in Colorectal Cancer
Last Modified: June 30, 2002
Conference Dates: September 19 - 20, 2002
Conference Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sponsoring Group: Imedex
Conference Web Page URL: http://www.imedex.com/Imedex%20website/images/Flash/USColo02.htm
Topics Covered: Biology, Prevention, Testing and Screening, Operable Colorectal Cancer, Management of Hepatic Metastases, Innovative Strategies for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer, Chemotherapy
Conference Objectives: A faculty of expert specialists will present their perspectives on the current management and areas of research that seem likely to make an impact on management of this disease in the future.
Who Should Attend: practicing clinicians, gastro-enterologists, colorectal surgeons, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists who wish to review and update their knowledge and management of colorectal cancer.
Thursday September 19, 2002
- 8:00 am Welcome and Introduction: Richard M. Goldberg, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Session I: Biology
- 8:05am The role of the APC gene and its mutations in the genesis of colon polyps and colon cancer
- 8:30 am Microsatellite instability and mismatch repair genes in colorectal cancer
- 8:55 am Clinical correlates of the various genetic alterations of colorectal cancer in terms of prognosis, and selection of therapies
- 9:20 am Intracellular signaling pathways in colorectal cancer
- 9:45 am Q&A
- 10:00 Break
Session II: Prevention, testing, and screening
- 10:20 Genetic testing and counseling for colorectal cancer
- 10:45 NSAIDS, Cox-2 inhibitors, and other measures for colon cancer prevention: rationale and clinical results
- 11:10 Cost effective screening for colorectal cancer
- 11:35 Fecal DNA markers as screening tools
- 12:00 Q&A
- 12:10 Lunch
Session III: Operable colorectal cancer
- 2:00 pm Total mesorectal excision
- 2:25 pm Operable colorectal cancers: local excision with or without adjuvant therapy?
- 2:50 pm Laparoscopic surgery for colorectal cancer
- 3:15 pm Preoperative vs postoperative adjuvant treatment for rectal cancer
- 3:40 pm Postoperative surveillance for recurrences, and Nicholas metachronous new primaries?
- 4:05 pm Q&A
- 4:15 pm Break
Session IV: Management of hepatic metastases
- 4:35 pm Preoperative or postoperative chemotherapy for hepatic (and lung?) metastases?
- 5:00 New ablation techniques
- 5:25 Combined intraarterial and systemic chemotherapy
- 5:50 Q&A
- 6:00 Adjourn
Friday September 20, 2002
Session V: Innovative strategies for metastatic colorectal cancer
- 8:00 am Anti-EGFR and anti-VEGF antibodies in colorectal cancer
- 8:25 Inhibitors of intracellular signaling in colorectal cancer
- 8:50 Gene therapy for colorectal cancer
- 9:15 Replication selective adenoviruses in colorectal cancer treatment
- 9:40 Q&A
- 9:50 Break
Session V: Chemotherapy
- 10:10 Predictors of response to 5FU based therapy: should we measure TS and other enzymes?
- 10:35 Pharmacogenomics of colorectal cancer
- 11:00 Optimal first line therapy
- 11:25 Q&A
- 11:40 Lunch
- 2:00 Sequential vs combination chemotherapy
- 2:25 Oral colorectal cancer treatment
- 2:50 Second line or salvage therapy.
- 3:15 Colorectal cancer treatment in Europe and the U.S
- 3:40 Q&A
- 4:00 Adjourn
Registration Information: Four EASY ways to register:
- ONLINE? www.imedex.com
- FAX US...(770) 751 7334
- PHONE US...(770) 751 7332
- WRITE US... Imedex 70 Technology Drive Alpharetta GA 30005-3969 USA
Conference Fees: Physicians: $295+, Nurses/Residents: $150
Continuing Education: Yes
Miscellany: CME: 13 hours, category 1 AMA-PRA
I Wish You Knew
How cancer patients have changed my life
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!