- Healthcare Professionals
- Conference and Meeting Announcements
2002 Cancer Symposium: "Controversies in Cancer Care"
Last Modified: August 4, 2002
Conference Dates: October 1, 2002
Conference Location: Newark, Delaware, USA
Sponsoring Group: Medical Society of Delaware and Christiana Care Health System
- Lung Cancer Screening: Pros and Cons
- Controversy Surrounding Screening Mammography
- Prostate Cancer Treatment: Radical Prostatectomy, Radiation and Watchful Waiting
- Colorectal Cancer: Medicinal and Nutritional Prevention Strategies
- Discuss pro and con aspects of screening for lung cancer;
- Discuss current controversies related to mammography screening;
- Describe new technologies used for the diagnosis of breast cancer;
- Discuss pro and con aspects of prostate cancer treatment, including radical prostatectomy, radiation therapy and watchful waiting; and
- Describe current medicinal and nutritional strategies for the prevention of colorectal cancer.
Who Should Attend: Physicians, nurses and other interested health care professionals.
- 7:15-7:45 a.m. Registration, Continental Breakfast and Exhibits
- 7:45-8:00 a.m. Introductory Remarks
- 8:00-8:55 a.m. Lung Cancer Screening: Pros and Cons
- 9:00-9:45 a.m. Controversy Surrounding Screening Mammography
- 9:45-10:15 a.m. Break and Exhibits
- 10:25-11:40 a.m. Prostate Cancer Treatment: Radical Prostatectomy, Radiation and Watchful Waiting
- 11:45-12:30 p.m. Colorectal Cancer: Medicinal and Nutritional Prevention Strategies
- 12:30 pm. Closing and Evaluation, Lunch (Provided) and Exhibits
Registration Information: For more information, call Christiana Care Health System Cancer Outreach Program at (302) 765-4161.
Conference Fees: $30 for Christiana Care Health System Medical-Dental staff and employees, $50 for all others
Continuing Education: Yes
Miscellany: Conference faculty include: Peter C. Albertsen, M.D.,MS; Gerold Bepler, M.D.,Ph.D.; Leonard G. Gomella, M.D.; Claudia I. Henschke, Ph.D.,M.D.; Alan Pollack, M.D.,Ph.D.; Steven M. Teutsch, M.D.,MPH; and Thomas K. Weber, M.D.,FACS. 4.0 CME credits and 4.7 nursing contact hours will be available. Conference fee includes continuing education credits, program materials, and food/beverages. Free on-site parking.