The 7th International Conference on Geriatric Oncology - Cancer in the Elderly. The 3rd Meeting of SIOG
Last Modified: August 4, 2002
Conference Dates: September 27 - 28, 2002
Conference Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Sponsoring Group: SIOG - International Society of Geriatric Oncology
Conference Web Page URL: www.imedex.com/Imedex%20website/images/Flash/siog02.htm
- Progress in the Past year in Surgical Oncology, Biology of Aging, Radiation Oncology and Medical Oncology
- SIOG/AGS Special Session
- Oncogeriatric Surgery
- Aging, immune defenses, cancer and infections
- How to treat this patient
- SIOG/MASCC session (Supportive Care)
- Developing Research in Geriatric Oncology
- Treatment of Elderly patients and its cost
- Complex issues in the elderly
- SIOG/ASCO Special Session
- Oral Presentations and Poster discussion
- Where is Geriatric Oncology headed?
Conference Objectives: After successfully completing this educational program, participants should be able to:
- Better assess and evaluate the functional status and comorbidities of elderly cancer patients
- Estimate the impact of age, functional status and comorbidities on the results of cancer treatments in the elderly
- Adapt the treatment of their elderly cancer patients to the special conditions and needs of these patients
- Describe recent progress and new research initiatives in geriatric oncology
Who Should Attend: Designed for oncologists, radiation therapists, physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners and other health care professionals in active clinical practice interested in and/or involved in the management of elderly cancer patients.
Conference Fees: Physicians: $299 by August 2nd, $399 by September 16, $549 after September 16. $50 SIOG/ESMO member discount. Nurses: $149 by August 2, $199 by September 16, $349 after September 16. EONS/ONS member discount
Continuing Education: CME Category 1 AMA-PRA, CE CERP Category A
I Wish You Knew
How cancer patients have changed my life
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!