Fourth International Laryngeal Cancer Conference
Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Last Modified: December 2, 2003
Date: March 11-12, 2004
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Sponsors: University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine and Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Who Should Attend: This educational conference is intended for otolaryngologists, head and neck surgeons, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, speech pathologists, nurses, social workers, and other physicians and health care professionals who are interested in the management of patients with laryngeal cancer.
Conference Objectives: At the completion of this conference, participants should be able to:
- Discuss and assess patients with laryngeal carcinoma
- Describe surgical techniques available for the managementof laryngeal carcinoma
- Explain site-specific approaches for the management of laryngeal and pyriform sinus carcinoma
- Discuss the role of chemotherapy and radiation therapy in the management of laryngeal and pyriform sinus carcinoma
- Describe organ preservation surgical approaches for the management of laryngeal and pyriform sinus carcinoma (Day 3-Prosection)
- Demonstrate selective neck dissection for cancer of the larynx and pyriform sinus carcinoma (Day 3-Prosection)
- Assess several methods to manage speech and swallowing following surgical and non-surgical management of laryngeal and pyriform sinus carcinoma (Day 3-Speech and Swallowing Workshop)
- Demonstrate and instruct patients in safe swallowing techniques pertinent to this population following treatment for laryngeal and pyriform sinus carcinoma (Day 3-Speech and Swallowing Workshop)
- Discuss functional outcome following organ preservation surgery of the larynx and pyriform sinus carcinoma and explain subsequent anatomical changes and their impact on speech and swallowing skills (Day 3-Speech and Swallowing Workshop)
- Discuss the role of head and neck nursing in the management of laryngeal and pyriform sinus cancer patients (Day 3-Head and Neck Nursing Workshop)
Conference Fees: The registration fee for physicians is $325 for days 1 & 2; and $800 for days 1, 2 & 3; for nurses and other health care professionals the fee is $150 for days 1 & 2 and $300 for days 1, 2 & 3; for speech and swallowing therapists the fee is $300 for days 1, 2, & 3. Fees will be waived for faculty, staff, fellows and students of the University of Pennsylvania. The registration deadline is Friday, February 20, 2004. To register, complete the attached registration form and return with a check made payable to Trustees, University of Pennsylvania. Mail to Mary Graham, Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, 3400 Spruce Street, 16 Penn Tower, Philadelphia, PA 19104-4283. Registrations may be faxed to (215) 614-1854. Checks must be received by Friday, February 20, 2004.
Registration Info: For more information, or to request a brochure and abstract form, please call Mary Graham at 215-662-7328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also print the conference registration form available online.
Poster Abstract Information: In addition to the didactic and cadaver dissection, participants are invited to submit abstracts for the poster session. Abstracts should be submitted on all aspects of surgical and non-surgical larynx preservation.
Poster Submission Form
Please use the below form to submit your abstract. You will be notified of approval via email.
Continuing Education: The University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine designates this educational activity for up to a maximum of 20.5 category 1 credits toward the AMA Physicians Recognition Award. Each physician should claim only those credits that he/she actually spent in the activity.