Copyright © 2001, Timothy Rowe
Last Modified: November 1, 2001
Amethyst House is located across the street from the Cancer Centre in Thunder Bay, Ontario. It provides accommodation for out of town patients who are in town to receive cancer treatment. This poem is dedicated to Harvey and Flo, two good friends, who we first met when I started treatment.
- We're here in Thunder Bay
- Cancer treatment to endure
- We're feeling very optimistic
- We're hoping for a cure
- We live here at Amethyst House
- Monday morning till Friday at noon
- We live together in a group
- Sort of like in a small commune
- At Amethyst house you're not alone
- You find comfort and feel at ease
- You know you're not the only one
- Who has this dread disease
- There's no talk of death
- Though bodies are ravaged by cancer
- Just talk of life and optimism
- And trying to help each other
- Being together with other victims
- Helps a person to cope
- The encouragement you receive
- Gives you much needed hope
- The treatments are now over
- We'll be leaving this afternoon
- We are sad to be leaving
- The end came all too soon
- We met a lot of real nice people
- That we will not soon forget
- Our stay at Amethyst House
- We never will regret.
T. C. Rowe
Breast Density Readings by CT, Mammogram Consistent
Jan 27, 2014 - Readings of computed tomography breast density are consistent with mammography readings and have greater interobserver agreement, according to a study published in the January issue of Radiology.
Frequently Asked Questions
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!