Blossoms, Frost and Faith
Last Modified: November 1, 2001
Copyright © 1994 to George Krumenacker
Reprinted on OncoLink with permission of the author
- A summer rose
- has touched our hearts--
- her beauty, planted in our souls
- Now we can see;
- the fresh, radiant Blossom
- even in the winter.
- We can see
- the infinite strength
- in the gentleness
- that endures the chilling frost;
- we can see
- the Ordeal
- and the Bliss
- as her inextinguishable dignity
- defies a frozen Earth,
- and she blooms again and again--
- ever so lovely-- our heroine
- Summer Rose.
- -- George Krumenacker
- For Deidre Hannafin (1961-1994)
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!