Awardee for July 2004
Last Modified: July 1, 2004
The Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
Founded to provide support programs, education, and resources, free of charge, to benefit young adults, their families and friends, who are affected by cancer, and to promote awareness and prevention of cancer. They offer:
- A network that links young adults and parents dealing with cancer for peer support and to simply share information.
- A guidebook, "No Way, it Can't Be" A Young Adult Faces Cancer
- A nationwide skin protection campaign
- Matt Stauffer Memorial Scholarship to support the financial needs of college students who are battling, or have overcome cancer and who display financial need.
- The Marilyn Yetso Memorial Scholarship to support the financial needs of college students who have or have lost a parent to cancer and who display a financial need.
This award is is given by the Editors at OncoLink to the providers of the highest quality cancer information on the Internet. Selection is based on the particular emphasis we at OncoLink place on patients and families who empower themselves with reliable information about their disease. On a regular basis, the Editors at OncoLink will choose a website which is exemplary of this philosophy, and serves as a model for others.