- Creative Inspiration
Perfidy (My Body Has Betrayed Me)
Lisa M. Lehman
Last Modified: November 1, 2001
Copyright © 2000, Lisa M. Lehman
- My body has betrayed me, deprived me of intent.
- The will survives, my strength wearied, another day desist.
- Comprehension turned frustration, devotion deviate,
- The important things that I held close, now make me feel irate.
- To feel this way, and not know why, brings the spirit down
- Quarantined by my own self, not wanting to be found.
- Emotions crammed inside my head, I've never felt before
- Overwhelm me like a deluge, never ceasing to pour.
- The distance I have traveled, the miles take their toll
- All the bumps I have endeavored are bearing on my soul.
- I pursue the one that used to be so strong and full of life
- I strive to reach the one before, who now is ruled by strife
- Can I ever be content with who I have become?
- A shell that's full of matter, who's senses are all numb.
- I see the future clearly, I have it in my sight
- To take the steps to get there, are a struggle and a fight.
- Knowledge and experience are things that guide me through,
- Little by little, each day at a time, is all that I can do.
- Written by Lisa Lehman 1995