Copyright © Timothy Rowe
Last Modified: November 1, 2001
Copyright © 2001, Timothy Rowe
- Your body positioned by your tattoo
- You hold rigid, awaiting the sound
- Of atoms shooting through you
- .... the stillness all around
- You lie there praying
- That things don't go askew
- You count off the seconds
- 'Til the treatment is through
- Your throat tickles
- You try not to move or cough
- You sigh with relief
- When the machine shuts off.
T. C. Rowe
Therapy Dogs May Help Patients Persevere With Cancer Treatment
Jan 21, 2015 - People undergoing chemotherapy and radiation for cancer may get an emotional lift from man's best friend, a new study suggests. The findings have been published in the January issue of the Journal of Community and Supportive Oncology.
Frequently Asked Questions
National Cancer Institute
Blogs and Web Chats
OncoLink Blogs give our readers a chance to react to and comment on key cancer news topics and provides a forum for OncoLink Experts and readers to share opinions and learn from each other.
Facing a new cancer diagnosis or changing the course of your current treatment? Let our cancer nurses help you through!