- Creative Inspiration
Last Modified: November 22, 2010
- Short visits - Due to treatment cancer patients may be very tired. Be mindful of the length of time you spend visiting.
- Emails - but don’t expect responses- that can make it more work for the person.
- Letters and cards - Spend some time focusing on the positive aspects of your relationship with this person.
- Phone calls - Again, be mindful of the amount of time you spend.
- Ease up on expectations and commitments. Do not expect the patient to travel during this time or bake the usual 3-story gingerbread house!
- Tell them you understand they can’t visit and don’t have the energy to host. A phone call from the whole family - or even a Skype video call! - on the holiday, could be just what the doctor ordered.