Second Line Therapies for Glioblastoma

Oncolink

Question

I take temodar and avastin for a GBM. I know I am getting ahead of myself, but what is next for me when these drugs stop working?

Carolyn Vachani, RN, MSN OncoLink Nurse Educator at Penn Medicine,, responds:

Answer

Those treatments are the standard therapies for GBM. If they stop working, your doctor will likely recommend looking at clinical trials options. You can find more information on available clinical trials on our clinical trials matching service:
www.oncolink.org/treatment/trials.cfm
or clinicaltrials.gov

Novel Gene Therapy for Brain Tumor Nears Clinical Trial

Oct 22, 2014 - A novel gene therapy for glioblastoma multiforme utilizing a combination of adenoviral vectors and the drug ganciclovir is nearing clinical trial with the discovery of a biomarker to gauge tumor response to the treatment, according to a study reported in the July 1 issue of Clinical Cancer Research.