Ride for the Roses

This article has been archived.
Please use for reference only.

Ride LAF

Faces of Survivorship Panel Discussions

OncoLink presents an archived version of our live WebCast from Saturday, April 13, 2002, Athletes Winning Against Cancer panel, which Lance Armstrong participated in. In order to view this video segment, you will need the free RealPlayer from RealNetworks.

RealMedia Athletes Winning Against Cancer

Lance Armstrong
Cancer Survivor & Tour de France Champion
Ron Williams
Cancer Survivor & ParaOlympic Cyclist
Chris Fowler
Commentator, ESPN SportsCenter
Carina Morariu
Leukemia Survivor & Professional Tennis Player

See additional OncoLink Coverage of The Ride for the Roses.

Nicotine Dependence Underdiagnosed in U.S. Vets

Oct 20, 2011 - U.S. veterans are more likely than the general population to have a nicotine dependency, especially if they've struggled with other substances, mental illness, or homelessness, but VA services may be underestimating the scope of the problem, according to research published in the November issue of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's Preventing Chronic Disease.