OncoGel and Ovarian Cancer

Question

Do you have any knowledge or experience with use of OncoGel to deliver paclitaxel directly into ovarian cancer masses? I have recurrent disease. Thank you.

Answer

OncoGel is an experimental, long-acting form of paclitaxel chemotherapy that is currently undergoing clinical testing for direct needle injection into tumor masses. We will await the results of these trials. However, direct needle injection is unfortunately not likely to play any role in this disease, as ovarian cancer typically spreads beyond the injected mass to involve many different areas and organs within the abdominal cavity.

Minority patients more willing than whites to expend their financial resources to prolong life

Apr 27, 2011 - Black cancer patients are more willing to expend their personal financial resources in order to extend life compared to white cancer patients, according to a study published online April 26 in Cancer.