How Long Is A Radiation Treatment?

Question

How long does it take to get a radiation treatment?

Answer

Nicole Ross, RN, MSN, OCN - Radiation Oncology Nurse at Penn Medicine, responds:

A daily radiation treatment will take about 15 minutes. However, expect to be in your Radiation facility for about an hour every day, in the door to out the door. The first trip to your radiation facility will be for a planning session, which can take up to an hour. Plan for some extra time on your first day to ask questions and fill out paperwork.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the entire Focus on Gynecologic Cancers transcript.