Interventional Radiology Procedures for Bone Metastases

Question

Can interventional radiology do anything for bone mets in NETs?

Answer

Ginna Deitrick, CRNP, MSN, Nurse Practitioner for Interventional Radiology at Penn Medicine responds.

IR can sometimes treat bone metastases. It depends on the location and nature of the bony lesion. For example, if there is an isolated right rib lesion that is painful to the touch and easily accessible it can possibly be cryo-ablated for "frozen."

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the entire transcript from the Focus on Neuroendocrine Tumors Webchat.