Skin Cancer

Maggie Hampshire RN, BSN, OCN

Question
I have a question about sun block products. What active ingredients should be present in a product to be effective and in what percentage. Also are their any products that you can suggest. Brand names can be helpful.

Answer
Maggie Hampshire RN, BSN, OCN, Managing Editor of OncoLink replies:

For more information on preventing skin cancer, perhaps you could try our section on Skin Cancer

NSAIDs May Lower Risk of Squamous Cell Skin Cancer

Dec 19, 2014 - Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs appear to reduce the risk of cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma by 15 percent, according to a review published online Dec. 18 in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.

What is Photodynamic Therapy and how is it used in cancer care?