Long-term effects of Taxol

Question

Where can find out information on the long-term effects of Taxol? 

Answer

Kevin R. Fox, MD, Assistant Director, Clinical Affairs and Associate Professor of Hematology/Oncology at the Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania, responds:

Unfortunately, neither of the early studies of taxol use in early-stage breast cancer has been published to date, so the written information on long-term side effects is not available for review. The only known or generally accepted long-term side effect of taxol is peripheral neuropathy. There are no others that I know of.

3D Mammography: What is it?