Housing When Treatment is Far From Home

OncoLink Cancer FAQ

Where can I find inexpensive housing so I can stay closer to the hospital where I am being treated?

OncoLink Cancer FAQ

Trish Gambino, RN, MSN, Nurse Navigator, responds:

The American Cancer Society (800-227-2345) has a resource search feature on line that may help you find something in the area of your treatment. Hosts for Hospitals is a Philadelphia based group that connects patients in need of housing with people willing to "host" them in their own homes. They are based in Philadelphia, but have several sites throughout the United States.

Talk to a social worker at the cancer center you are being treated at for housing resources in the area. See this list of housing resources on Oncolink.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the transcript from Finding the Cancer Resources You Need.