Fertility and Cancer

OncoLink Cancer FAQ

I would like to know more about Fertility and cancer. What are my options after treatment?

OncoLink Cancer FAQ

Trish Gambino, RN, MSN, Nurse Navigator, responds:

Fertile Hope is a great resource. Fertility should be addressed before you start your cancer treatments. However, sometimes this is not possible, due to the urgency of starting treatments. Many cancer treatment centers have departments dedicated to fertility issues.
Check out our recent book review of "Having Children After Caner"; By Gina Shaw, on this very topic.

Here are some websites that we have found useful:

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the transcript from Finding the Cancer Resources You Need.

Is Ayurveda the Answer to Women’s Health Issues?

Minority patients more willing than whites to expend their financial resources to prolong life

Apr 27, 2011

Magnetic resonance imaging not considered a good use of resources in study group of patients

Feb 15, 2010

Bone mineral density test followed by selective alendronate found to improve resource use

From the National Cancer Institute