Bereavement Resources

OncoLink Cancer FAQ

What are some resources for bereavement support?

OncoLink Cancer FAQ

Christina Bach, MSW, LCSW, OSW-C, Oncology Social Worker at the Abramson Cancer Center at Penn Presbyterian, responds:

Public television recently published this list of bereavement resources.

Also, contact local hospice organizations; even if you didn't receive services from them. They often have local resources for bereavement counselors and support groups they refer families too as well as may offer programs for kids (like camps) that are open to all!

Nationally, you can access the Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC).

In the Philadelphia area, I often refer people to The Center for Loss and Bereavement (in Skippack, PA) or in Southern New Jersey, Samaritan Hospice.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the transcript from Finding the Cancer Resources You Need.