Balancing Life and Cancer

The University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing

Question

I would like some advice on how to balance work, family, kids, etc. while facing breast cancer and treatment. Where can I go for help/support?

Answer

Jodi Sandos, MSW, LSW, Oncology Social Worker at Penn Medicine, responds:

Often trying to balance everything in our life while going through treatment can be quite challenging. It is a good time to call on your friends and family for support through this time. People often state that if there is anything they can do to help through this time. It is often good to give people something concrete they can do to help you such as: driving your children, making meals, food shopping. This is also a time to realize that you are not going to be able to everything and prioritize what you need to do right now. It is also a time to do something for yourself to help with your own emotional needs through this time.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat. Series, View the Life After Breast Cancer transcript.

The Controversy of Screening