Thyroid Cancer Specialist

Last Modified: August 14, 2012


What kind of doctor do I go to if my family doctor thinks something is wrong with my thyroid?


Rachel Kelz, MD, MSCE, at Penn Medicine responds:

If your family doctor believes that you have a thyroid problem. You should schedule an appointment with an endocrinologist. To make sure the appointment is as valuable as possible, you should arrive with all of your previous studies in hand. You should at least have blood work including thyroid function tests and an ultrasound of the neck. Make sure that you bring a disc containing the ultrasound study and the report to the appointment for the doctor to review or submit for review.

This question and answer was part of OncoLink's Brown Bag Web Chat Series. View the entire transcript of Focus on Thyroid Cancer.


Click on any of these terms for more related articles