Feeling Tired After Treatment

Question

I have felt so tired since finishing my treatment, what can I do to get some energy back?

Answer

Nicole Ross, RN, MSN, OCN - Radiation Oncology Nurse at Penn Medicine, responds:

Fatigue is a very common side effect of chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Typically, energy levels should start increasing slowly a few weeks after treatment. in the interim, get a good night's sleep, rest when you're tired, and don't over do it! Light exercise can help with fatigue, such as a short walk around the block.

See OncoLink's section on fatigue for more tips!

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the entire Focus on Gynecologic Cancers transcript.

Cancer Worry Linked to Continued Symptom Burden

Apr 30, 2012 - Age, fatigue, symptom burden, and risk perception are significantly associated with greater cancer worry three years after completing adjuvant treatment for breast cancer, according to a study published online March 15 in Psycho-Oncology.

What is Photodynamic Therapy and how is it used in cancer care?