Canine Papillary Cystadenocarcinoma

Question
I am looking for information regarding papillary cystadenocarcinoma (Ovary) in canines. If you can give me a source or direction. I am curious to know if CA-125 (human) is a viable screen in follow up. Also what are the most likely sites of metastasis?  
Thank you for your attention.

Answer
Lili Duda, VMD, Editor of the OncoLink Veterinary Oncology Section, responds:

Surgery is the treatment of choice for tumors that have no evidence of metastasis. There is little information in the treatment of metastatic disease, although there are case reports of various chemotherapy agents delivered both systemically and directly into the abdominal cavity) with some limited success. To the best of my knowledge, CA-125 has not been evaluated in canine ovarian tumors.

If you have not already done so, you may consider consultation with a veterinary oncologist for treatment and follow-up recommendations in your particular case.

Don't Assume You Understand

Treating papillary cancer confined to gland within year of diagnosis does not appear to improve survival rate

Nicotine Dependence Underdiagnosed in U.S. Vets

Vets without diagnosis less likely to be diagnosed and treated

Fusion Transcript, PCA3 in Urine Predict Prostate Cancer Risk

Urine test for TMPRSS2:ERG and PCA3 levels can predict risk for men with elevated PSA levels