LEEP vs. Hysterectomy

I am 40 years old and have pre-cancerous lesions of the cervix. I will not be having any more children and would like to know if a hysterectomy would be a better way to go than the LEEP procedure? I would like to live without the fear that the pre-cancerous lesions could come back and could turn into cancer. Your response would very helpful. 

For most precancerous lesions of the cervix LEEP is an appropriate treatment with a high success rate. For patients with severe or extensive abnormalities, recurrent abnormalities, or other gynecologic conditions for which hysterectomy may be indicated, removal of the uterus can be an option. You should discuss the details of your situation with your physician.

Where Are the Adults in the Room?
by Rodney Warner, JD

Lidocaine Spray Effective Anesthesia in LEEP

Spray scored even better than conventional lidocaine injection for post-anesthesia pain

Minimally Invasive Hysterectomy May Be Underused

Nov 25, 2015

Racial disparities associated with use of the procedure for uterine, cervical cancers

Limited Value for Pap Tests in Endometrial Cancer Recurrence

Jan 1, 2013

In cohort of 433 women, no recurrent cancers diagnosed based on abnormal cytology