Fertility Drugs and Cancer

Question

Can you give me websites and information on the chances of getting cervical cancer from taking clomid? I took it for 1 1/2 years in the 1970's to help me get pregnant.

Answer

As far as we know, there is no increased risk of cervical cancer in women who have taken Clomid. As for other cancers, a large retrospective study, published this year in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, examined over 8400 women who had used Clomid or other fertility drugs to check on their risk of melanoma, thyroid, colon, and cervical cancers. There was no relationship found between Clomid dose or cycles of use and risk of developing any of these cancers.