Accessing the American Cancer Society Resources

Question:

How can I get access to the many services offered by the American Cancer Society? I hear they offer so many things, but I just don't know where to go on their website or what would be good for me.

Answer:

Christina Bach, MSW, LCSW, OSW-C, Oncology Social Worker at the Abramson Cancer Center at Penn Presbyterian , responds:

The American Cancer Society is a WONDERFUL organization! Check out the blog I wrote for Oncolink which details many of the great programs offered.

The first step is to CALL THEM! 1-800 ACS 2345; this will help you get started with the ACS and they will able to tell you what programs are available to you specifically in your geographic area.

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series. View the transcript from Finding the Cancer Resources You Need.

The American Cancer Society “The Official Sponsor of Birthdays”

Howdy and Welcome to Christina’s Resource Round-up!

#