Lung Cancer Spread to the Brain

Question:

My cousin had lung cancer and now has brain cancer- but he says it�s not brain cancer - is he just trying to make me feel better?

Answer:

, , responds:

When you as an American travel to Mexico, we don�t start calling you Mexican. � You�re still an American, you�ve just relocated yourself to Mexico. � The same holds true for cancer cells�we name them from where they started.

The difference is very meaningful to what to expect from the cancer�lung cancer has certain tendencies in terms of how it behaves and brain cancer has different ones. � In particular, the therapies that work the best are very different between lung cancer and brain cancer. �

This question and answer was part of the OncoLink Brown Bag Chat Series, Lung Cancer: Where are We Now? HYPERLINK View the entire transcript.

Saying Goodbye to My Mother: A Caregiver’s Story
by OncoLink Team

Being OK with Brain Cancer

#