- Running in "high gear" and restless most of the time; feeling the need to be constantly busy... beyond what is normal for you.
- Feeling lethargic, listless or depleted most of the time without being refreshed by sleep
- Engaging in harmful or excessive behaviors that may prove to be dangerous over time (e.g., drinking or smoking more than you used to, using more prescription or non-prescription drugs, driving in an unsafe or reckless manner, contemplating self-destructive thoughts.)
- Avoiding or withdrawing from persons, places or situations that are reminders of the deceased person.
- Needing to talk about your loss but trying not to do so for fear of burdening or upsetting others.
- Wondering whether your grief reaction is normal.