- Treat them to lunch.
- Treat them to a movie.
- Take them on a nature walk or an outing in the city.
- Take photos of the patient's health care team and record them in a special memory book with quotes from friends, family, doctors, and nurses.
- Promise to assist with daily chores. Make a "home-made" gift certificate for any of the following:
- Take out their trash
- Help with the laundry or ironing
- Provide home-cooked meals (Organize a "cooking circle" with a group of friends whereby one person brings a meal to their home each night.)
- Offer transportation to and from treatments
- Provide child care
- Wrap gifts
- Help with Holiday baking
- Help to maintain the patient's volunteer activities (Scouting, church groups, civic groups, school activities)