Copyright © 1999, James A. Pharis, Jr.
- Dear friends of mine and those to be
- In midst of night when thoughts are low,
- When darkness and doubts remain,
- Reflect and know this refrain..
- Sometime all have doubts and fears
- That challenge the most stalwart soul.
- In those times that look less good
- God holds us and we are understood.
- If thoughts are drear and sleep escapes
- And thoughts turn inward instead of out,
- God has not run out, nor yet our sand.
- We are in the hollow of his hand.
- James A. Pharis, Jr.
- December 15, 1999, Wednesday, 3:45 a. m.