The Gingko Tree
James A. Pharis, Jr. Copyright © May 1999, James A. Pharis, Jr.
< Last Modified: November 1, 2001
- Today we planted a Ginkgo tree.
- The dirt on that slope was hardly land.
- The soil was mixed with potting soil,
- Epsom salts and what came to hand.
- It's not very tall or stately now.
- It's very small and green and grey.
- It was watered well for a good start,
- And will be tended with care each day..
- The tree is up in front of the house.
- I thought as I dug, "I'm seventy three,
- Each fall the next generation will see
- The buttery yellow Ginkgo tree".
- James A. Pharis, Jr.
- May 1, 1999, Saturday 8:00 P.M.