New Chemotherapy and Biotherapeutic Agents - Continuing Education
Presented by: Michael Vozniak, PharmD BCOP
The Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Last Modified: June 6, 2013
Continuing Education Information
This continuing education activity is designed for nurses and nurse practitioners in clinical practice to learn about chemotherapy and biotherapeutic agents approved by the US FDA in 2012. This activity has been approved for 1.0 contact hour (and 0.75 pharmacology hours) by the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Nursing Development and Education, an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the PA State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
To receive continuing education credits for this activity:
- Watch the video presentation by Dr. Vozniak below.
- After watching the video, click on the link to go to the posttest, fill in your contact information and complete the test.
- If you do not achieve a passing score, you will return to the test and be able to retake the posttest.
- If you achieve a score of 80% or higher, you can proceed to the evaluation form.
- Once you submit the evaluation, the CE certificate will pop up. Please print this for your records. A copy will also be emailed to you.
The presenters and planning committee report no conflicts of interest.
This activity expires April 1, 2015
The educational objectives of this activity are:
- Describe the pharmacology of chemotherapy agents FDA approved for the treatment of cancer in 2012.
- Explain the place in therapy for each new agent.
- Review side effects and monitoring parameters for each new agent
Proceed to Test for New Chemotherapy and Biotherapeutic Agents »
Frequently Asked Questions
National Cancer Institute