Cancer Cooperative Research Groups
Abramson Cancer Center of the University of Pennsylvania
Last Modified: November 1, 2001
- ACOSOG - American College of Surgeons Oncology Group
- Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB)- a national clinical research group sponsored by the National Cancer Institute and headquartered at the University of Chicago. Founded with a goal of
bringing together clinical oncologists and laboratory investigators to
develop better treatments for cancer.
- Children's Cancer Group (CCG)
- Eastern Cooperative
Oncology Group (ECOG)
- European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC)
- Gynecologic Oncology Group - The Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG) is a national organization dedicated to clinical research in the field of gynecologic cancer.
- The International Oncology Study
Group (IOSG) Home Page- a cooperative research group
founded in 1993. The primary function of the IOSG is the conduct of
clinical therapeutic studies in order to improve the prognosis for
patients with cancer.
Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group (NCIC CTG) -
The NCIC CTG is a cooperative oncology group which
carries out clinical trials in cancer therapy and supportive care
across Canada and internationally. It is a major programme of the
National Cancer Institute of Canada
Cooperative Human Tissue Network - CHTN is supported
by the NCI to provide biomedical researchers with access to human
tissues. CHTN's purpose is to promote cooperative efforts to collect,
preserve and distribute human tissues for research.
- NCI: Cooperative Family Registry for Breast Cancer Studies- CFRBCS collects and makes available biological specimens from patients with a
family history of breast cancer, breast/ovarian cancer, or Li-Fraumeni
syndrome, and their relatives.
- The National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP) - The National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project (NSABP) is a clinical trials cooperative group supported by the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
- North Central Cancer Treatment Group (NCCTG) - The North Central Cancer Treatment Group (NCCTG) is an affiliation of approximately 20 community clinics throughout the United States with a research base located at Mayo Cancer Center in Rochester, Minnesota.
- Radiation Therapy Oncology
Group (RTOG)- Home page of national cooperative
research organization under the auspices of the American College of Radiology. RTOG
conducts multicenter clinical trials which integrate surgical,
radiotherapeutic and chemotherapeutic treatments with an emphasis on
enhancing local-regional tumor control to improve cancer treatment
- Southwest Oncology Group (SWOG)
June 05, 2015
February 04, 2016