Fourth Annual Multidisciplinary Interactive Thoracic Oncology Conference
Last Modified: November 21, 2007
Conference Dates: April 11-12, 2008
Conference Location: Seattle, WA
Sponsoring Group: The CBCE
Conference Web Page URL: http://www.thecbce.com
Conference Objectives: After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the standard of care for patients with early-stage NSCLC, and discuss recent trials incorporating adjuvant and/or neoadjuvant chemotherapy into treatment regimens for patients eligible for surgery.
- Evaluate current clinical trial data addressing the safety and efficacy of various chemoradiotherapeutic regimens in the treatment of patients with locally advanced NSCLC.
- Compare treatment options for elderly patients with NSCLC, taking into consideration patient comorbidities, performance status, and adverse responses to systemic therapy.
- Assess the results from recent studies aimed at identifying markers and patient characteristics that are predictive of response to specific EGFR inhibitors.
- Summarize alternative or additional treatment approaches, such as maintenance therapy and PCI, which may potentially lead to improved clinical outcomes for patients with NSCLC.
- Evaluate the results of recent studies investigating therapy options for the treatment of SCLC.
Who Should Attend: This activity is designed for lung cancer specialists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, thoracic surgeons, nurses, pharmacists, advanced practitioners, and other health care professionals involved in the treatment of patients with thoracic malignancies.
Registration Information: To learn more about the Fourth Annual Multidisciplinary Thoracic Oncology Conference and to register, please visit http://www.thecbce.com, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (214) 260-9024.
Continuing Education: Yes
Frequently Asked Questions